As competition in the logistics industry continues to increase, stakeholders must make strategic investments to stay ahead of the curve. Technology has emerged as a crucial factor in this effort, providing shippers and carriers with powerful capabilities to navigate the unpredictable freight market. Among these capabilities, automation stands out as a significant change. With the evolution of technology over time, automation has become an asset in the arsenal of logistics professionals, equipping them to better handle uncertainties and challenges.
Thanks to technology, the process of invoice processing has become more error-free, providing greater transparency to customers, and enhancing their experience. Join us and discover how Cognine is tackling the significant challenges faced by industry players.
Our client is a 3PL firm in the US focused on freight management solutions that arranges full truckload, expedited and LTL shipments for customers through its brokerage divisions. It provides customized transportation solutions for every size.
- Client followed a manual process for invoice settlement. The process was repetitive, cumbersome and it involved interactions with multiple systems to fetch documents like PoD, BoL’s, Invoices, and delivery proofs.
- The amount must be fetched from these invoices and entered Salesforce portal, check for any variance as per the pre-agreed price and process the invoice.
- Client works with more than 50 carriers and the entire process was manually intensive, repetitive and error prone.
- Client also needed a solution to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations by automating checks and validations to reduce the risk of noncompliance penalties.
- Client required a program to work around the clock, making it ideal for tasks that require constant attention. The program was expected to complete tasks much faster than humans, making the workflow efficient and cost-effective.
Solutions Provided by Cognine:
- Cognine started working with the client to implement an RPA solution that can streamline and automate time-consuming and repetitive operations like data entry, invoice processing, shipment tracking, and order management.
- Our team has identified an initial project within the invoice processing for one of the carriers and started documenting the manual as-is process. We have then implemented a POC to win the confidence of the client and to prove RPA is the ideal automation strategy.
- Unattended bots were implemented to automate certain tasks without any human intervention. These bots were programmed to complete a specific task or set of tasks, often in a repetitive manner.
- Based on the results from the POC, we have scaled up the implementation to other process like compliance and Manifest. Cognine has helped client automate 10+ processes across for more than 20 carriers.
- With the help of UiPath Orchestrator, we scheduled the execution of automated processes and monitored their progress, including detailed logs and analytics.
- Cognine introduced Semi Structured invoice data reading to be able to extract invoice data that was unstructured. We created around 5-6 rules to extract the exact amount.
- Automation increased the efficiency and streamlined operations by automating repetitive and time-consuming tasks, reducing the time required for order processing, inventory management, and shipping.
- Automated systems reduced the likelihood of errors and mistakes, leading to fewer shipping delays, fewer lost or damaged goods, and improved customer satisfaction and enhanced accuracy.
- Real-time visibility into inventory levels, shipping status, and other critical information, enabled the client to make data-driven decisions and improve their overall operations.
Optimizing Driver Retention Through Technology
Trucking companies play a key role in the development of...Read More
RPA solutions for 3PL provider
Client is a leading North American provider of logistics technology...Read More